Omaha Street School
Empowering the lives of at risk youth through personalized education, life skills training, and a moral code in a Christ-centered environment. The Omaha Street School opened its doors in January 1999 and since then almost 600 young people have walked through those doors. Today classroom size averages eight to ten students so they feel that they are valued as individuals and that they are part of a nurturing family. Among the instructors, staff, and volunteers, they find hope.
- We are an accredited high school in the state of NE by AdvanceEd.
- We provide safety, respect, manners, and love.
- We expect behavioral and academic integrity from staff and students.
- We strive to address the needs of the whole person: academic, vocational, personal, spiritual.
- We have a unique model designed to develop community and foster success.
- We see positive transformation on a daily basis.
" 'S' is a student who normally does not open up and share. It was very difficult to get to know him and crack his tough exterior. I assigned his English class an essay in which they had to describe a pivotal moment in their lives. 'S' wrote more in that first day of drafting than I had ever seen him write! He detailed all of the obstacles he had faced in his young life, including his dad's incarceration and being abandoned by his mom. His pivotal moment came when he learned he was about to be a teen dad. He wanted to be someone his son could look up to, and he started taking steps to get sober, leave the gang, and graduate from high school. I felt really blessed to be let in to his thoughts and read about his experiences. " - E, former instructor