A Light In A Dark Place provides: 1) Housing Assistance for those who have an eviction Notice, Temporary Shelter for Foster Care Individuals, those who have aged out of the system, & A safe Place from Abuse 2) Child Care Assistance 3) Life-Skills Assistance Temporary Placement Parenting Information/Group Sessions Changing Mindsets to Succeed The Goal of this Ministry is to offer a positive outlook on LIFE.
The Vision of "A Light In A Dark Place" is to Teach and Develop positive mindsets to focus on Generational Blessings, and NOT the curses. The reason being is Public and Social Media ALWAYS depicts the negative, rarely do we see any positive. The Mission and Goal of "A Light in a Dark Place" is to offer a positive outlook on LIFE, the different circumstances, and challenges that come. With the Counseling Sessions, Proper Teachings, and Accurate Information Packets given to each person. A Light in a Dark Place Prays that every individual, and families we come in contact with WILL succeed in their lives.
A. Temporary Shelter for Foster Care Individuals: when a Child is taken out of the home; it's a traumatic experience and to have "A Light in A Dark Place" partner with the Police Department & other Agencies will provide that child or children a "Positive Spiritual Comforting Environment" until placement is found. The Police Department or an Agency Representative will contact "A Light in A Dark Place" for temporary shelter, until a home placement is found B. Eviction: A person has NO place to lay their head C. A Place of Safety from Abuse (physical, verbal, mental, and emotional): A safe Place away from "Abusive Relationships or circumstances" when a person or individuals are in a predicament, they're going from place to place, and are unstable. "A Light in A Dark Place" will not only provide stability; but it will also be a place of safety, peace, and comfort.
D. Aged Out of the System: Assist with job search, provide information to review, implement changes, and focus towards living a life with a positive future.
It's our desire to bless every individual that comes into our presence with a beautiful furnished home. When life hurts, and the heart and mind is not at ease. I want a person to have a life changing experience of abundant joy when they come in our Ministry…Our parents have always instilled in us (growing up in Logan Fontenelle Housing Projects) that "It's not where you live; but it's how you live".
*Child Care Assistance
A. Financial Grant that will cover Child Care Assistance for a 30 Day, 60 Day, and 90 Day period. The Goal of the Grant is to assist the Parent in becoming sufficient & succeed in the Workforce
B. Mandatory Classes, Group and Individual discussions (meetings) to discuss: 1.The Literature Packets (Information that will be applied to their current circumstance) 2. The Change ( Making Self Evaluations)
3. Implementing and applying the information to their lives. Hands on requirements on Parenting Classes & Financial Management
C. Our Goal is to Encouraged Self Sufficiency
• Education, Parenting Information, and Important Life Skills
• Encourage individuals to strive for Success & being Independent
• All Scholarships and or Grants have to be earned through work or volunteered hours
• Written Reports are MANDATORY
*Life Skills Assistance
• Temporary Placement Emergency Care until a home is found by partnering Agencies, or Housing through Housing Agencies
• Parenting information Group: Seek information to HELP with Parenting skills, and to better a person's current circumstance
• Changing Mindsets to Succeed 1) Finances being used wisely in spending, prioritizing bills, and establishing a Mandatory Budget. 2) Living Arrangements (Positive People, Environment, Atmosphere and the Surroundings
• Parenting Group Sessions providing various books, articles, an a wide variety of information that will help all families, from different Communities, Offer coping sessions, with different types issues, willing to Learn, listen, and be receptive to change.
• The Goal of this Ministry is to offer a positive outlook on LIFE changes, a made up mind to avoid returning to that place in life where they were in bondage.
• In this Ministry it's important to establish that all excuses are surrendered unto God, and that you become a willing vessel for change.