NAMI is the National Alliance on Mental Illness. We provide free mental health support groups and educational programs in Omaha, and also for the state of Nebraska. We are the ONLY NAMI group in the Omaha area that provides mental health support groups for the public (called NAMI Connection meetings). NAMI Nebraska helps the people of Omaha and their supporters to have a brighter future and we save lives.
NAMI Nebraska is proud once again to participate in Omaha Gives. NAMI Nebraska provides mental health support groups in the Omaha area. There are countless numbers of people in Omaha who say NAMI Nebraska literally saved their lives. There are others who also say that the meetings that NAMI Nebraska provides changed their lives. We offer the attendees a safe place to go in Omaha with no judgment or criticism, and treat every attendee as a person and not an illness. We reject stigma, and we do not tolerate discrimination. **We are the ONLY NAMI organization in Omaha that provides mental health support meetings for the public (called NAMI Connection meetings).**
- We provide mental health education classes in the Omaha area.
- We provide classes in Omaha on how a friend or family member can better support someone with mental illness.
- We provide classes on how to better parent a child with a mental illness in the Omaha area.
- We provide Omaha with classes on how a friend or family member can better support a veteran with post-traumatic stress disorder or other mental illnesses.
- We supply materials free of cost for many of the events for mental health advocacy and education in Omaha.
- NAMI Nebraska also provides advocacy in Omaha through presentations to better educate the public and healthcare providers.
It is part of our mission to help the people of Omaha with our valuable mental health support groups, but we need your support. Please consider a generous donation to NAMI Nebraska for Omaha Gives.