WhyArts, established in 1990, provides Omaha's underserved populations with access to inclusive quality arts programming. We believe each individual, no matter their circumstance, has unlimited creative potential. We also believe the arts are an incredibly powerful means of communication for the nonstandard learner. That's why we meet each individual at his or her level and work from there.
- Visual arts
- Spoken word
- Advocate for the value of the arts for everyone
- Build in-depth arts curricula for our clients that enriches their missions
- Collaborate with community partners on mission-relevant public art projects
- Develop safe learning environments that encourage self expression
- Equip our teaching artists with the tools and training they need to work successfully with the underserved and physically and intellectually challenged individuals
- Carla Rizzo, Completely KIDS
"WhyArts and Carolyn have been about doing what's right, not easy, for the arts in Omaha, rejecting complacency and creating opportunities. The organization thrives on imagination with the patience, resilience and ambition to make a meaningful impact on the lives of others through the arts."
- Roy Patterson, Patterson Family Group