Children's Hospital & Medical Center Foundation
Children's Hospital & Medical Center is the only full-service pediatric specialty health care center in Nebraska. Annually, more than 131,000 patients from all over the United States are referred for the treatment of complex or unusual diseases in addition to pediatric primary care. No child in need of medical care is ever turned away for the inability to pay.
1. Watching our patients grow to be healthy and happy!
2. Helping plan a wedding of parents in the Newborn Intensive Care Unit.
3. Transforming 16 lives through implantation of a new heart.
4. Bringing Prom to a teenager in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.
5. Attending weddings of our former cancer patients.
6. Fighting childhood obesity with community partners in the region.
7. Sending our transport team to save lives more than 2,400 times last year.
8. Attending graduations of former patients.
9. Playing with our kids to help them heal - including streaming bingo.
10. Breaking the language barrier by interpreting more than 40 languages for our patient families.