Thank you for your support! The mission of the Nebraska Bicycling Alliance is to cultivate a safer, more bicycle friendly Nebraska through partnerships, education and advocacy. We have a successful track record of advocating for laws, street design and policies that improve safety and access for people on bicycles. Your donation will help us continue that momentum by contributing to the salary of our Executive Director. Learn more at www.nebike.org.
The Nebraska Bicycling Alliance was formed in 2013 as an all-volunteer organization. An Executive Director was hired in April 2015, and since that time, much progress has been made:
* Played a key role in getting funding approved for separated bike/ped trail on new Highway 75 bridge between Bellevue and Plattsmouth
• Partnered with Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles to update the State of Nebraska Drivers Manual;
• Hosted first statewide Nebraska Bike/Walk Summit in 2017;
• Partnering with Department of Health and Human Services to provide technical assistance on bicycling and complete streets issues to 10 Nebraska communities;
• Supported and educated state senators to get a law passed giving bicyclists the same legal right of way as pedestrians in crosswalks.